Conservation and Ecosystem Health Alliance (CEHA)
Conservation & Ecosystem Health Alliance (CEHA) is a Non-Governmental Organisation incorporated in the USA and locally registered in Uganda under the Uganda NGO Registration Board. The goal of CEHA is to operate as a charitable organisation that initiates and implements conservation and research programs at the wildlife-human-livestock interface – in order to promote co-existence, health and conservation of ecosystems throughout Africa using One Health methods and guidelines. Specifically, CEHA’s mission is, “To achieve sustainable conservation through multidisciplinary research while promoting nature conservation, and both ecosystem and human health” with a vision for a better world and healthy environment for all.
The CEHA operates in the Albertine Ecosystem with Operational Office in Hoima undertaking the following project activities:
- Research of infectious diseases/zootomic diseases at wildlife-livestock and human interface
- Chimpanzee Health Monitoring in the fragmented forests of Budongo-Semiliki landscape
- Ecosystem Health research
- Conservation and development programme focused on chimpanzees in fragmented forests and surrounding communities.
- Capacity building through trainings and internship programmes.